Washington County 9-1-1 Public Education Program
WCCCA’s Public Education Program focuses on educating the citizens of Washington County on the proper use of 9-1-1 in order to obtain help during an emergency. We are also committed to raising awareness about 9-1-1 by sharing our successes, job opportunities, and current or upcoming legislation and levies.
If you would like to schedule our Public Education Team for an event or presentation, please fill out our Public Education Request Form
Some of the topics we cover are as follows:
- When to call 9-1-1
- When to call the non-emergency number
- Typical questions that we will be asking as well as what kind of information our call takers and public safety responders will be looking for
- Our geographic service area and the public safety agencies that we serve
- Prevention of accidental 9-1-1 phone calls
- Our Community Notification System (CNS)
Our training opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Classroom presentations, including middle school, high school, and college
- Workplace presentations
- Senior and Community Centers
- Church groups
- Job fairs, public safety fairs, community events, etc.
If you would like more information about our program or would like to schedule a presentation please email us at: pubEd@wccca.com. To request a presentation or contact us about an event, complete and submit our Public Education Request Form.
Download an electronic version flyer here.